Video Production and Editing
More often than not you hear people say they are visual learners, not auditory learners. Everyone processes information differently, but most people agree a combination of the two is best. It’s said that people remember 10% of what they hear, 20% of what they see, and 50% of what they hear and see! With stats like that it’s no wonder more and more people are recognizing the benefits of video.
Since the birth of Youtube in 2007, it has become the second largest search engine in the world. In 2011 Youtube had over a trillion views. That’s over 140 views for each person on Earth. People love video, plain and simple.
So how does this affect your business? Whether you’ve been intentionally shying away from video or not, it’s time to get on the bandwagon! Here are some reasons why video could be good for your company.
- Videos can help provide clear information in an easy-to-use way. Instead of having to search through different web pages and scroll through different content, people can just hit “play.”
- Video can help establish your image. A video will share the personality of you or your company more than text ever will.
- People are more likely to be engaged by a video. Studies show that a person who views a video will stay on a website an average of two minutes longer.
- Creativity is another benefit video offers. You can add graphics and images that add interest to what you’re presenting.
- Videos encourage sharing as well. People are more likely to share a video than text, especially on different social media channels.
- Exposure. Not only can you have video on your website, but you can also link it to social media websites too. This greatly increases your exposure. A quick look at the Youtube statistics page proves just how many people watch videos!
- Producing video is also easier and more affordable than it has ever been. There are plenty of programs that allow you to shoot, edit, and upload your own video for little to no money. But professional video production is also increasingly affordable and provides a level of quality you may not be able to produce yourself.
Video is also versatile. No matter what company, service, or product you have it’s safe to say video could benefit you in some way. Here are some types of video your company could use.
- Informational: The possibilities are endless; anything you need to communicate could go in an informational video.
- Instructional or How To: It’s easier to understand instructions if you can see what you’re supposed to be doing. A “how to” video gets the point across much faster than text.
- Company Overview: If you want to share the mission of your company, procedures you have in place for new employees, or the general spirit of your company, a video can do that.
- Product Demonstration: Videos work particularly well for product demonstrations. It’s easy to say a product does what it’s supposed to, but if you can show the viewer it’s that much more persuasive!
- Testimonial: Testimonial videos can be a powerful tool if you are offering a product or service. Seeing other people who support the product or service gives people confidence and adds to the credibility to the company.
Video can be a powerful tool. This means it can be a powerful aide, but it has the potential to cause harm if done poorly! Think about if a homemade video would work for your company. If you think a professional video would be best for your company, contact us for more information about our video production and editing services.